[OE-core] how can i ask to keep all the generated "nativesdk" rpms?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Oct 19 22:09:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-10-20 at 08:52 +1300, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:42:27 Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > Right - that patch makes the preservation of the package
> > > management
> > > database (what it refers to as the "packaging data") conditional.
> > > That
> > > code does nothing with the packages themselves.
> >   i'm about to create a new project directory as a test ... is
> > there
> > any configuration i should do to try to preserve all those
> > nativesdk
> > rpm files?
> I am not aware of any configuration that should control the presence
> or
> absence of those files. As far as I'm concerned, if they are
> disappearing and
> you're not doing anything to delete them, that's a bug.

I have a suspicion that this is the sstate code removing them because
it decided that they were stale for some reason. Changing SDKMACHINE
could conceivably do that (but probably shouldn't?), as could updating
the metadata and the system deciding the data there was stale and
"unreachable" from the new metadata.

So I can imagine it happening but am not sure what the trigger would
have been. If they were stale/unreachable, it might have been correct
to remove them.