[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW43

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Oct 21 15:26:01 UTC 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M4 which was Oct. 3rd (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        Travel for ELC-E did interrupt these status report, apologies for that. Some of the builds were tricky to debug and/or fix due to some communication issues the travel didn't help with too.

*        2.2 rc4 is currently in QA. Current status is at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status

*        At time of press, the runqemu issues are concerning but perhaps not enough to delay the release, instead being fixed on the branch immediately afterwards, assuming fixes are available by then.

*        2.2 rc1-3 had various issues, some autobuilder related, some were new and interesting bugs we'd never seen before during the release build, or an intermittent bug we'd not seen for months in one case.

*        The Morty release branches are in a position to diverge and we have started to look at queuing the patches that are already being submitted in -next and mut builds for master.

*        2.3 planning is underway and RP will send more thoughts on the plans for that in the next couple of weeks. Recipe specific sysroots look like one desired feature for multiple reasons and there was good discussion and feedback and OEDEM

*        The discussion at OEDEM has great notes (thanks Jan in particular): http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDEM_2016#Minutes

*        Whilst the defect density was decreasing, there has now been an uptick in the number of defects and things are rising again.

*        Several good performance issues were found and addressed, a separate email was sent on that topic.

*        Proposed 2.3 dates are below but this isn't 100% confirmed yet.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Proposed upcoming releases after YP 2.2 are:

Milestone

Cutoff

Release

YP 2.0.3

11/7/2016

11/18/2016

YP 2.1.2

11/28/2016

12/9/2016

YP 2.3 M1

12/12/2016

12/23/2016

YP 2.2.1

1/9/2017

1/20/2017

YP 2.3 M2

1/23/2017

2/3/2017

YP 2.3 M3

2/27/2017

3/10/2017

YP 2.3 M4

4/3/2017

4/28/2017

YP 2.3

4/3/2017

4/28/2017

YP 2.1.3

5/8/2017

5/19/2017

YP 2.2.2

5/15/2017

5/30/2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2306 (last week 2289)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com