[OE-core] in what recipe context can "bb" show me TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Oct 22 07:39:03 UTC 2016

  a question about chris larson's nifty "bb" utility ... i recently
figured out that, to get rpm-build into the SDK, i needed to add:

TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-rpm-build"

to my local.conf. now i'd like to use "bb" to display the full
value of that variable, but i'm not sure what recipe context to use to
do that. as in:

$ bb show -r core-image-minimal TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK
Parsing recipes..done.
TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK=" nativesdk-rpm-build"
$

that just shows me what i appended. in what environment or recipe
context could i run that command to get the full value of the variable
when the SDK is being built?

rday

p.s. same question if i was using "bitbake -e".

                        http://crashcourse.ca