[OE-core] most efficient way to map perl RH rpms to OE package names?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Oct 24 20:53:33 UTC 2016

  i've just been handed a list of about 200 perl packages by their
centos rpm names, and i want to map most, if not all, of them to their
equivalent OE package names.

 my first instinct (based on not having used a lot of perl OE
packages) is to add both "perl" and "perl-modules" to IMAGE_INSTALL,
just to fetch and build every possible module available through the OE
perl recipe -- that will at least give me an idea of what's available.

  next, i can see the pattern in some OE package names -- i've
verified that the Time::HiRes package is available in OE as
perl-module-time-hires, which i assume is part of the dynamic naming
being done in perl_5.22.1.bb.

 am i approaching this the right way?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca