[OE-core] basic bitbake commands to create an SDK?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 25 02:18:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 05:51:16 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2016, Khem Raj wrote:
> > I would recommend to try using eSDK, which can be generated using
> > -cpopulate_sdk_ext see
> >
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Application_Development_with_Extensible
> > _SDK
>   just reading up on eSDKs now, am i correct in assuming that if i
> have the time and space to build an eSDK, there is no downside
> compared to building a standard SDK? as in, i don't lose anything from
> the standard SDK, i just get a richer feature set, etc.

Mostly correct, especially for master/morty where we sorted out the lack of
gdb and a few scripts required to support the Eclipse plugin. There are
differences though - please see the introduction of the latest SDK manual [1]
for a comparison chart.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/sdk-manual/sdk-manual.html#sdk-manual-intro