[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW44

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 15:32:00 UTC 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M1

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M1

SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        The YP 2.2rc4 QA report looked good and we were nearly able to release.

*        The kernel CVE issue meant we rebuilt the release and the rc6 build is in QA (rc5 was misconfigured).  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status

*        The rebuild means we are slightly behind our release date but this was preferred to releasing with the kernel CVE issues.

*        2.3 planning is underway and RP will send more thoughts on the plans for that in the next couple of weeks. Recipe specific sysroots look like one desired feature for multiple reasons and there was good discussion and feedback from OEDEM. If people do have things they're planning to work on in the 2.3 cycle, adding them to the bugzilla for tracking purposes would be very helpful.

*        We are going to make a strong effort to load balance things up front this time so work is spread over M1-3 rather than the usual 'front loaded' everything in M1 approach which is currently how bugzilla looks.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16 but should be early next week.

Proposed upcoming releases after YP 2.2 are:

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

Milestone

Cutoff

Release

YP 2.0.3

11/7/2016

11/18/2016

YP 2.1.2

11/28/2016

12/9/2016

YP 2.3 M1

12/12/2016

12/23/2016

YP 2.2.1

1/9/2017

1/20/2017

YP 2.3 M2

1/23/2017

2/3/2017

YP 2.3 M3

2/27/2017

3/10/2017

YP 2.3 M4

4/3/2017

4/28/2017

YP 2.3

4/3/2017

4/28/2017

YP 2.1.3

5/8/2017

5/19/2017

YP 2.2.2

5/15/2017

5/30/2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2394 (last week 2306)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com