[OE-core] 'qemumips64 + systemd + pam' results in being not able to login

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Thu Sep 1 07:10:57 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Recently I noticed that if we start a systemd based qemumips64 target
with 'pam' enabled in DISTRO_FEATURES, we could not login in
successfully. After you provide username and password to the login
prompt, the login prompt just comes up again.

Below is some error information.

Received SIGCHLD from PID 175 (login).
Child 175 (login) died (code=dumped, status=10/BUS)
serial-getty at ttyS0.service: Child 175 belongs to serial-getty at ttyS0.service
serial-getty at ttyS0.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=10/BUS

I've investigated this problem, but I could not find the root cause.
Has any of you also seen the same problem?
Anyone has any idea what's going on here?

Best Regards,
Chen Qi