[OE-core] weston startup problem

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Fri Sep 9 06:40:33 UTC 2016

On 24 August 2016 at 20:08, Tom Hochstein <tom.hochstein at nxp.com> wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi, sorry for missing this in the originally,

> The weston systemd startup implementation is not working correctly and I
> need some help fixing it.
>
> With systemd and pam on the image, the expected behavior is that
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR would already be set when weston is launched from
> weston.service. Turns out XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is not set, and weston.service
> sets it itself. This is already a problem, and the problem would be worse
> except that weston happens to use a different folder. If weston.service is
> modified to use the same folder name, the folder ends up getting replaced
> later by pam.

I can see our XDG_RUNTIME_DIR handling indeed should be cleaned up but just
so I understand the whole issue: can you explain the problem you have in
detail? It seems one issue is that the variable isn't set outside of
 Xsession (it really should) but why is it a problem if weston.service
decides a runtime directory for itself? How does pam interfere with that?

Thanks,
 Jussi