[OE-core] rm_work + pybootchart enhancements

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Sep 22 17:37:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 18:08 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 05:39:02PM +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > > Test script attached. I only ran this once, so I can't vouch that the
> > > numbers are stable. I remember reading about a benchmark wrapper which
> > > can run such a test script multiple times and then will automatically
> > > merge the output of all runs together, adding
> min/max/average/deviation,
> > > but couldn't find the tool again. Does anyone know which tool does
> that?
> >
> > it's in oe-core:
> > ./scripts/contrib/bb-perf/bb-matrix-plot.sh
> > ./scripts/contrib/bb-perf/bb-matrix.sh

> That's bitbake specific. What I was remembering is something generic
> that works for anything that prints test results on stdout. Perhaps I
> was dreaming ;-}

I use https://github.com/rustyrussell/stats for that, quite handy. For
cases simpler than yours, when I’m just checking for deviation of command
execution times, I use a little wrapper around time + stats at
https://github.com/kergoth/dotfiles/blob/master/scripts/time-stats.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com