[OE-core] Psplash on Systemd with progress bar

srikanth krishnakar skrishnakar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:38:20 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Yocto version: yocto-2.1
Target: ARM imx6
Graphics: X11 (core-image-sato)

I am trying to use psplash with systemd and have come across the service
files prepared by Eric:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-May/097233.html

Although the splash comes up for a split second and vanishes on my imx6
target it never stays till desktop appears nor it displays any progress
bar. I read Eric mention about patch to systemd (src/core/manager.c) to
write progress data to psplash socket but I couldn't find the patch. Can
anyone point me to the patch for systemd that writes progress data to
psplash socket so that I can see progress bar and while keeping splash
alive till desktop shows up ?

Thanks in Advance!!