[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW14’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Apr 3 16:08:35 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Stephano -> Maxin on Mar. 31, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Cal on April 7, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        YP 2.3 M3 rc2 is in QA.  The live status is at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status#Summary_Report

·        Unfortunately QA have run into issues running some tests where PR Server log output is corrupting the test results (bug 11284) caused by some of the tinfoil logging changes. We’re hoping to be able to work around this for the current QA run since its currently blocking many tests.

·        We also continue to see a large number of issues around sysroot tools like runqemu after the recipe specific sysroot changes which continue to be worked upon, particularly with interactions like other code, e.g. rm_work.

·        On a positive note, the autobuilder performance does seem to be much improved now we’ve identified some performance issues in a number of areas including the tests themselves.

·        Patches continue to flow at a high rate into the branch but we are going to have to start being more selective about which patches improve stability/quality as some fixes are introducing regressions and defects in submitted patches continue to take up a lot of review and testing time.

·        Since we’re into the stabilization phase of 2.3, planning for 2.4 has begun and we’re entering 2.4 ideas and enhancements in to bugzilla. If you have suggestions for 2.4, please ensure they are in bugzilla.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017 (Will be a few weeks late.)

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2691 (last week 2832)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com