[OE-core] tainting other recipe's specific task

André Draszik git at andred.net
Tue Apr 4 13:54:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to invalidate one recipe's hash for a specific task from
another recipe?

More specifically, I have an initramfs image recipe and a main image recipe
where do_rootfs of the main image [depends] on do_deploy of initramfs.

If do_rootfs of the main image needs to be re-run, I need to make sure that
do_rootfs of the initramfs image is re-run (and of course do_deploy) before.
Basically I want to add a timestamp to both images, and the timestamp should
be the same.

Using my current dependencies, do_rootfs of the main image is re-run if the
initramfs is re-deployed:

--- snip main_image.bb: ---
do_rootfs[depends] += "initramfs:do_deploy"
--- snap ---

but I need this both ways. Just adding the equivalent to the initramfs
recipe results in bitbake complaining about a recursive dependency loop.

Can this be achieved? Even some pointers would be helpful...

Or some other approach where I can add the same timestamp to both images if
either of the images needed to be rebuilt due to some change?

Cheers,
Andre'