[OE-core] kernel.bbclass auto PR generation

Michael Thalmeier michael.thalmeier at hale.at
Tue Apr 18 08:03:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

In our build environment we have a buildbot building nightly
clean builds of our images and a PRSERV instance managing the
auto PR generation.

With this setup we encountered the problem, that on each build
the kernel PR is incremented by 3, even if nothing has changed,
so the PR should be equal to the last value.

After investigating I found that currently the kernel bbclass
will call package_get_auto_pr three times (do_package, do_install,
do_deploy). As the package_get_auto_pr function uses the BB_TASKHASH
variable, that is different for each of these tasks,
on each call the PR is incremented by 1.

This has two different effects:
1. The kernel and modules image in the deploy directory do not
   have the same PR as the kernel package itself.
2. Each time a clean build of the kernel is performed, the PR
   is incremented by three instead of staying at the previous value.

I found that this was introduced with commit:
1392f95 kernel.bbclass: Ensure we have correct version information in deploy data

How can this behaviour be fixed?

Best regards,
Michael
--