[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW16’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Apr 18 16:25:20 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Cal -> Joshua on April 14, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Joshua -> Armin on April 21, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        YP 2.3 M3 rc2 was released last Friday.

·        2.3 M4 rc1 has not been built yet but the build is imminent. There are a handful of bugs we’re hoping to resolve before the build happens and those are actively being worked.

·        Thanks to everyone who has helped sort out the remaining issues we had in M4. We were able to resolve the problems with the build and unblock patch merging. There were some key fixes such as the useradd and runqemu ones.

·        Since we’re well into the stabilization phase of 2.3, planning for 2.4 has begun and we’re entering 2.4 ideas and enhancements in to bugzilla. If you have suggestions for 2.4, please ensure they are in bugzilla.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017 (Will be a few weeks late.)

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2561 (last week 2678)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com