[OE-core] does "devtool add" no longer calculate the recipe name?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Apr 21 03:19:49 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,

Sorry I missed dealing with this last month, but I did just remember it and
Trevor Woerner just helped me track down your post again.

On Friday, 10 March 2017 12:40:24 AM NZST Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   hoping it's not something silly i did but, recently, i used devtool
> add to create a recipe for mod_auth_tkt from the github repo. i didn't
> specify the recipe name, just used:
>
>   $ devtool add https://github.com/gavincarr/mod_auth_tkt.git
>
> which seemed to work fine in that it figured out that the recipe name
> would be mod-auth-tkt and created the directories by that name.
>
>   i just did it again, and now the name is left as '%{name}',
> suggesting that devtool is no longer determining what the recipe name
> should be.
>
>   if i specify the recipe name explicitly:
>
> $ devtool add mod-auth-tkt https://github.com/gavincarr/mod_auth_tkt.git
>
> then it works fine. but i'm sure i previously didn't need to do
> that. has the behaviour of devtool changed in that respect?

In this specific example the erroneous %{name} is being picked up from a spec
file contained in the source. I can't explain why the behaviour would have
changed, since the code handling this isn't especially new and neither is the
spec file, and it ought to be deterministic. I've added some code to ignore
any values extracted from spec files containing unexpanded macros such as this
one (though I think this is a particularly unusual spec file, most define a
literal name within Name: without using any macros). I'll also add something
to take the name from the repository if there isn't any other indicator, since
I think that's a reasonable fallback. At this stage in the release those fixes
will probably wait until 2.4 however.

Cheers,
Paul

--