[OE-core] native sysroot race with rpmbuild

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Aug 14 11:02:34 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-08-14 at 13:55 +0300, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
> Adwaita I had lost already but I've put the logs for failing
> packagegroup-core-x11-sato here:
> https://github.com/jku/packagegroup-core-x11-sato-logs
>
> There's this in the log:
> | NOTE: rpm-native exists in sysroot, skipping

What is really interesting is:

https://github.com/jku/packagegroup-core-x11-sato-logs/blob/master/log.do_package_qa.28854

which looks to have been running about the same time as:

https://github.com/jku/packagegroup-core-x11-sato-logs/blob/master/log.do_package_write_rpm.28850

(similar pids and listed in https://github.com/jku/packagegroup-core-x11-sato-logs/blob/master/log.task_order after one another)

Note that package_qa seems to think the dependency disappeared and is
uninstalling elfutils (which provides libdw) from the sysroot.

That might be enough to figure out some kind of reproducer. All very
interesting and "potentially problematic"...