[OE-core] openssl10 unusable for many components

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 17 11:23:34 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 01:31 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> So you cannot just select which openssl implementation you want for
> given component, unless it's very simple component with small dependency
> tree.

Unfortunately yes. The header names clash, and there's no way to have
them both in the sysroot at the same time.

The only solution I see is the hard one: first update the component to
latest upstream version, and see if that version compiles with 1.1.
If not, then Fedora probably has a vendor patch for the API fixing, as
they've already moved to 1.1 as default.

FWIW, qt5 has merged openssl 1.1 support
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/189399/, but I don't know if
there's a release with it included.

Alex