[OE-core] long (never ending?) do_install for adwaita-icon-theme

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:46:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Alexander Kanavin
<alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Do you have any kind of logs for when it happens?

Unfortunately not, I'll try to keep some the next time it happens.

But I have a suspicion it might be related to a build failure. Earlier
today I was doing a build which failed in a recipe that wasn't
adwaita-icon-theme, nor related to it. When I checked on my build
later I could see the tail of the error message from the failed
recipe, but the overall build was still waiting for
adwaita-icon-theme's do_install to finish (hours after the failure).

Maybe adwaita-icon-theme's do_install would have succeeded if
everything had gone well? Maybe to reproduce, it might be necessary to
time it such that another recipe fails while adwaita-icon-theme is
building?