[OE-core] How to add group for multiple recipes

GUAN Ben (ST-FIR/ENG1-Zhu) Ben.Guan at cn.bosch.com
Wed Dec 6 08:12:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

In oe-core, there are some default groups provided by recipe "base-passwd". Any other recipes could refer to these groups when they want to create a new user.

Now we have a requirement: there are several recipes which create their own users, and they shall belongs to a common group. How could we add this group? It seems that groups or users created in a recipe are only visible to the same recipe. Other recipes cannot refer to them (e.g. using chown/chgrp).

We already tried to add a recipe which only generates the group and added this to DEPENDS of the other recipes. But it seem as if the group was not generated in time. When the other recipes ran, the group was not there. But the final image contained the group.

Best regards

Ben GUAN
ST-FIR/ENG1-Zhu