[OE-core] kernel.bbclass do_sizecheck behaviour changes

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 22:24:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The size limit for an uncompressed kernel vs a compressed kernel is
>> going to be quite different, so defining one size limit and applying
>> it to all images doesn't seem logical.
>
> I was hoping that we are talking about deployed kernels here compressed
> sizes can vary widely too
>
> So may be we can have a hook to define which image types should be monitored
> and what the limits are for individual type

We could do a lot of things and add a lot of complexity. However based
on the fact that the simplest test has been broken for some time and
no-one noticed, the evidence is that the kernel image size check isn't
a widely used feature (and the kernel image size check with multiple
kernel image types even less so, if at all) and so probably shouldn't
be the focus of our efforts.