[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW51’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Dec 18 15:52:02 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M2 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

SWAT team rotation: Stephano -> Maxin on Dec. 15, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Cal on Dec. 22, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        The QA of YP 2.5 M1 rc1 is just starting.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.5_QA_Status

·        The QA of YP 2.4.1 rc1 is about 80% complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status. We are having some issues with the eclipse plugin testing.

·        The QA of YP 2.3.3 rc1 is about 3% complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status

·        YP 2.2.3 rc1 has been built and is queued to begin QA when the QA team has bandwidth.

·        We have finally tracked down the qemux86-64 kvm apic hang to an issue in the host kernel. We have a mitigation plan in mind but that is blocked on finding another separate bug causing selftest failures when upgrading the guest kernel.

·        We have identified further intermittent bugs in various releases which we’re continuing to look into (including gpg memory allocation issues on pyro, sstate writing races in morty, further occurrences of the inode count issues with our NAS on the autobuilder).

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.4.1 (Rocko) rc1 is in QA.  See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status.

YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc1 is in QA.  See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status.

YP 2.3.3 (Pyro) is built and pending QA.  When work begins see https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M1 release of 12/15/17 (Will be later this month.)

YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18

YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2719 (last week 2690)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com