[OE-core] RSS difficulties

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri Feb 3 11:10:59 UTC 2017

I'm having a few problems adapting our build setup to work with recipe
specific sysroots.  More specifically, I am finding it difficult to get
the correct set of components installed into the recipe-sysroot in all
cases.  In some cases I am getting too much (which causes build
failures if oe attempts to stage two things that install the same file)
and in other cases I am not getting enough.

Could somebody explain, ideally using only small words, how the set of
things to populate in the recipe-sysroot is determined?  I assume it is
based on the task dependency graph somehow but I'm not quite sure which
relationships I ought to be looking at.

thanks

p.