[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW06’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Feb 6 15:44:47 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M3 by Feb. 27, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Leo on Feb. 3, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Leo-> Juro on Feb. 10, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        The issues encountered in M2-rc1, particularly from the oeqa changes have meant we’ve taken M2 to another rc build which is now in QA. We decided to include several recipe specific sysroot (RSS) fixes in that as well.

·        There have been several patches submitted to try and improve the performance of RSS. On higher spec machines, the performance seems to be reasonable and the performance issues we’ve seen have tended to be on older/slower hardware where disk IO (triggered by limited memory) may be a particular bottleneck. We’re probably starting to reach the point of diminishing returns for performance improvements which most of the ones we’ve been able to identify having been implemented by now.

·        The 2.2.1 release will happen after M2.

·        Patch merging continues to be steady and we’re aware we’re continuing to lag behind.

·        ELC may distract people and continue to impact patch merging progress amongst other things.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017 (Will be after YP 2.3 M2 is out of QA)

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 8, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 19, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 22, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 2, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M2 Release is targeted for Feb. 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2667 (last week 2630)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com