[OE-core] Is Krogoth release still maintained?

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 02:42:54 UTC 2017

On 02/10/2017 05:46 AM, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> I see that Krogoth branches in openembedded-core and
> meta-openembedded layers were last updated 3 months ago.
  Thats about the run rate between updates.

> So is Krogoth release still maintained?
Yes they are.

Openembedded-core  is maintained for one year after release then drops
to community support. I have a set of changes that have some build
failures identified via Yocto's autobuilder. I need to look at the failures.

Meta-openbedded is on list to cycle through this weekend. it has an
informal life cycle.

> If yes, when and
> how often do you plan do update it?
Openembedded has more of a formal process where we try to do a QA'd
release 3 - 6 month depending on the number of patches backported.
There is no formal schedule for meta-openembedded. I try align my
efforts with the oe-core updates.

I hope this clarifies where I am at.

regards,
Armin