[OE-core] Are RDEPENDS of depending native packages installed automatically

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:11:06 UTC 2017

Hi

Should the buildsystem install RDEPENDS of depending native packages
automatically in the RSS?
I.e, if a recipe DEPENDS on a native package should all RDEPENDS of this
dependency be installed?

I stumbled over this when trying to fix crda.
crda.bb has
DEPENDS = "python-m2crypto-native python-native ..."

A recent update to python-m2crypto makes it RDEPEND on the python-typing
package.
I added to python-m2crypto recipe
RDEPENDS_${PN} += "python-typing"
(and I created the missing python-typing recipe)
and did expect that crda.bb now installs python-m2crypto-native and through
RDEPENDS python-typing-native but only python-m2crypto-native is installed.

If I explicitly add python-typing-native to the DEPENDS in the crda.bb recipe
then python-typing-native is installed and crda builds fine.

Max