[OE-core] Does recipe specific sysrooot (or whatelse in current oe) break native dependencies?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:26:46 UTC 2017

Hi

I try to get meta-qt5-extra fit for latest oe-core (RSS). One thing
that causes my attention is that many recipes's configure can be fixed
by adding gettext-native. This seems odd to me because all of these
recipes depend upon kdoctools which depends on gettext-native.
For instance for kconfigwidgets depending on kdoctools:

* in kdoctool'sworkdir/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin there is a gettext binary
* but in kconfigwidgets'sworkdir/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin there
isn't a gettext binary

Is it possible that recipe specific sysroot broke native dependency chain?

One note which might be important for this issue: In meta-qt5-extra I
chose a the following design decision: If there is a pair of
native/cross recipes
* each cross recipe depends on native recipe
* all other recipes depend on cross recipes

This reduced maintenance efforts (I don't have to care if a recipe
depends on cross libs or native executables) and avoids race trouble
with cmake's toolchain path sequence 1. cross 2. native

So what goes wrong here - or where am I mistaken?

Andreas