[OE-core] Unable to build rootfs using RPM packages when TARGET_VENDOR is unset

John Ernberg john.ernberg at actia.se
Fri Feb 17 06:08:07 UTC 2017

Hi

I found a problem that prevents me from building a rootfs using RPM
packages when the variable TARGET_VENDOR is unset (overridden to
TARGET_VENDOR = "").

I traced it as far as Smart / RPM rejecting all the built arches with
score 0 and thus creating an empty package cache, that the cause is the
lines in the platform file that's generated for Smart.

The platform file is generated to contain a lot of lines on the format
"armv7ahf_neon-.*-linux.*", when TARGET_VENDOR is unset however, the
platform will be named "armv7ahf_neon-linux" and the regex ends up not
matching, the smallest possible string is "armv7ahf_neon--linux" which
requires TARGET_VENDOR to be set to at least "-".

Unfortunately I never managed to figure out how to solve it and now I no
longer have time to work on the issue, but I hope that my debugging of
it may be useful, so I wanted to document it.

Best regards // John Ernberg