[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW08’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Feb 17 17:09:39 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M3 by Feb. 27, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 in one week ***

SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Anibal on Feb. 17, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Anibal -> Todor on Feb. 24, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        M2-rc3 was released and we’re now focusing on M3 which is due at the end of next week.

·        This week appears to be the calm before the storm, there are a number of key changes pending for M3 which is our feature freeze date for 2.3. In particular we need to make a decision about rpm 4 verses 5 and the smart/dnf change. Beyond this point, only bugfixes are accepted as we stabilize for release.

·        YP 2.2.1 is now in QA after a successful build.  Current status is at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status#Summary_Report

·        Next week is ELC (bad timing for M3) and various people are travelling and/or distracted so this may impact patch merging and how quickly we can stabilize and get M3 into QA.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.1 Release by Feb. 24, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2683 (last week 2667)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com