[OE-core] Patchwork not picking changes from the ML

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Feb 24 14:21:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-22 at 15:56 -0600, Jose Lamego wrote:

> On 02/22/2017 02:55 PM, Michael Halstead wrote:
> > I've seen several issues with hooks. I was working on them yesterday and
> > will continue today.
> >
> > These are currently managed by hand but we are moving them into
> > configuration management which should help keep them working consistently.
>
> Michael: one syntax error in patchwork code was pulled into production
> yesterday. This is the cause for missing patches. The error is fixed in
> the Yocto repo now, please perform a server code update ASAP.
>
> Martin: I will look at the UI issue you are describing and file a bug if
> needed.

Would it perhaps make sense to reply to the original author with an
email confirming that his patch is now in Patchwork? It should include a
link to the patch series, too.

This could have several advantages:
      * submitters not aware of Patchwork or whether their target
        currently uses it learn about it and then can follow the
        progress of their patch
      * everyone gets a confirmation that the submission made it through
        the various mail servers and Patchwork itself

It still relies on the original submitter to watch out for breakages in
the processes, but I guess that can't be avoided with an asynchronous,
mail-based process.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.