[OE-core] configure error for glibc 2.25.2

Andrew Goodbody andrew.goodbody at cambrionix.com
Tue Jan 24 17:14:27 UTC 2017

> From: Richard Purdie [mailto:richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org]
> On Tue, 2017-01-24 at 15:59 +0000, Andrew Goodbody wrote:
> > Further to this I see the following message in
> > log.do_prepare_recipe_sysroot.20511
> >
> > WARNING: Manifest /home/andrew/src/camol3/camol/build/tmp-camol-
> > glibc/sstate-control/manifest-allarch-linux-libc-
> > headers.populate_sysroot not found?
> >
> > Which is quite correct as that file does not exist, however the
> > following file does exist
> >
> > /home/andrew/src/camol3/camol/build/tmp-camol-glibc/sstate-
> > control/manifest-armv7at2hf-neon-linux-libc-headers.populate_sysroot
> >
> > So it looks like linux-libc-headers is not being installed in the
> > recipe sysroot because it is looking for the manifest with the wrong
> > arch.
> >
> > Anyone know what could be going wrong here?
>
> Short answer is yes.
>
> Your configuration is mixing different tune/package architectures and
> is confusing recipe specific sysroots (armv7ahf-neon != armv7at2hf-
> neon), looks like thumb and non-thumb.

Yes that sounds about right. This build started off as a BeagleBone Black clone some years ago. The differing tune architectures I think appeared when I moved from soft-float to hard-float. I guess I should have looked into what was causing that at the time. Everything seemed to work OK, so I did not worry.

> I believe I have a patch which I'll send shortly as I've been chasing
> this in other circumstances.

That would be awesome, thanks.

Andrew