[OE-core] questions on patching

Ola Redell ola.redell at retotech.se
Tue Jan 3 15:21:30 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am a bit new to sending in patches to a list like this and
specifically to OE-core, so I need a bit of guidance.

I have a fix for a bug I found in Jethro in the kernel.bbclass and I
have tested my fix there (update-alternatives needs a full path also
when removing an alternative). Now, the bug is around in many different
branches (laverne, krogoth and master for sure) but that particular
patch will only apply to Jethro.

I can make a patch for master but would have problems testing it
thoroughly there without spending quite a bit of time (which I don't
have at the moment).

Easy questions:
How should I proceed?
How do I know what branches are actively maintained and for which
patches are welcome?

I should have asked these questions before sending my earlier patch for
the kernel-module-split.bbclass since this holds for that too.

Thanks,
Ola