[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW01

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jan 3 16:16:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-01-03 at 15:51 +0000, Jolley, Stephen K wrote:
> Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M2 -> M3
> Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M2 by Jan 23, 2017
>
> SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Joshua
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
>
> Key Status/Updates:
> ·        M1 is having some QA difficulties due to some kind of bad
> interaction between the PR service and tinfoil2. We’re waiting until
> people are back from vacation and up to speed before we decide what
> to do about this.

One question which came up was whether just to cherry-pick fixes for M1
into a branch, or whether we use master. For me personally master is
tempting but its probably safer just to use an M1 branch as master has
moved on a fair bit. I wanted to give people an opportunity to express
opinions either way.