[OE-core] enabling gccgo( not gc )

Kiran Pradeep kiran.happy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:49:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

I uses recipes for gcc 4.9.1 and need to enable support for gccgo compiler.
To layers/oe-core/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-configure-common.inc, I
added
LANGUAGES ?= "c,go,c++${FORTRAN}${JAVA}"

That helps me build the gccgo compiler. The resulting toolchain contains
cross compilers for c and c++. But gccgo is *not* shipped as part of
resulting toolchain.  I also get a warning as below

WARNING: QA Issue: gcc: Files/directories were installed but not shipped
/usr/lib/gcc/gcc/i586-unknown-linux/4.9.1/go1 [installed-vs-shipped]

There is a patch for enabling gccgo in
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2013-May/078606.html.
But that is mentioned not to support gcc 4.8 and got ignored for reasons
unknown. How to enable cross compiled gccgo( *not* gc compiler ) in
toolchain ?

Thanks,
Kiran.