[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW04’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Jan 23 15:42:24 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M2

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M2 by Jan 23, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Paul on Jan. 20, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Jan. 27, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        The 2.2.1 release has been held up by a bug in eSDK which we now know was ‘fixed’ by some of the tinfoil2 changes. Those clearly won’t be backported to 2.2 so we’re looking into what we need to do to fix this in 2.2 instead.

·        Master has continued to be problematic to merge patches into. We have tracked down a glibc 2.25 issue with python3 on older hosts (e.g. centos7) which was causing some hard to isolate autobuilder failures.

·        The M2 deadline has now passed. We were able to merge the oeqa rewrite and recipe specific sysroot patches. Unfortunately as yet we still don’t know the exact performance impact of this change but we’ve opted to move forward with it regardless.

·        Master now contains all the patches we’ve been able to get to work cleanly. Examples of things which did not merge are the linux-libc-headers (due to musl issues) but we did merge the actual kernel updates and the container changes as the selftests didn’t pass.

·        Since master builds cleanly and has a lot of change in as it stands, we’re tempted just to call this good for M2 and start the QA cycle.

·        One particular challenge we continue to face is the length of time oe-selftest takes to run and we plan to have a focus on this during M3.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017 (Will be after YP 2.3 M2 is out of QA)

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 8, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 19, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 22, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 2, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017

YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2614 (last week 2624)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com