[OE-core] How to use WIC to generate raw flash images

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Jan 24 08:56:17 UTC 2017

On 23-01-17 11:34, Ed Bartosh wrote:
>> - How do I set padding to be 0xFF instead of 0x00?
> The same thing here. Currently wic images are sparse files created by
> os.ftruncate, but it's not a big deal to fill them with 0xFF

Correct me if I'm wrong here...
- All flash media (NOR, NAND) prefers padding with 0xFF because that's equal
to an erased sector.
- Other media (magnetic disks) don't care about what they're padded with.

So I'd say it makes sense to make 0xFF the default padding for exerything?

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products