[OE-core] ✗ patchtest: failure for Python3 packaging fixes

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Jan 31 07:09:05 UTC 2017

* Leonardo Sandoval <leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com> [170130 16:00]:

> On 01/27/2017 03:40 AM, Anders Darander wrote:
> > Hi,

> > * Patchwork <patchwork at patchwork.openembedded.org> [170127 10:23]:

> > > Series: Python3 packaging fixes
> > > Revision: 1
> > > URL   : https://patchwork.openembedded.org/series/5024/
> > > State : failure
> > > * Issue             Series does not apply on top of target branch [test_series_merge_on_head]
> > >    Suggested fix    Rebase your series on top of targeted branch
> > >    Targeted branch  master (currently at a99cca0e8e)
> > This is likely due to issues with the email-patches. One of the patches,
> > 0003, has a line > 998 characters (one line in the patch context, ie not
> > modified by me).

> Anders, I do not think the problem is the patch format because git-am does
> not complain at this stage. This is what I am getting when either git-am or
> git-apply

Have you tried pulling it directly from github?

I can assure you, that the series was created on top of the current
master when it was sent, and when patchwork complained about it.

> git pw mbox 5024 | git am
> Applying: python-3-manifest: fix adding imp to importlib
> Applying: python3-manifest: move htlm.py to python3-html
> Applying: python-3-manifest: add argparse to RDEPENDS for netclient
> error: patch failed:
> meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-3.5-manifest.inc:154
> error: meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-3.5-manifest.inc: patch does not
> apply
> Patch failed at 0003 python-3-manifest: add argparse to RDEPENDS for
> netclient
> The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
>    /home/lsandov1/repos/openembedded-core/.git/rebase-apply/patch
> When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
> If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
> To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".
> lsandov1 at lsandov1-mobl2:~/repos/openembedded-core$ git am --abort

Sure, I get the same error,

git am ~/Downloads/Python3-packaging-fixes.mbox
Applying: python-3-manifest: fix adding imp to importlib
Applying: python3-manifest: move htlm.py to python3-html
Applying: python-3-manifest: add argparse to RDEPENDS for netclient
error: patch failed:
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-3.5-manifest.inc:154
error: meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-3.5-manifest.inc: patch does
not apply
Patch failed at 0003 python-3-manifest: add argparse to RDEPENDS for
netclient
The copy of the patch that failed is found in: .git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

However, the issue is a broken line in the 3rd patch.

If I instead do:

git checkout a99cca0e8ee15f7b542986d89b70054ac7cb24be
git merge --ff-only github/python-splitting

It works OK, (which was the master of the time at sending).

However, today it doesn't apply cleanly, thus I'm sending 2nd version.
(Though, I'm sure that patchwork will complain again)...

Hope you'll have better luck applying the 2nd version.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB