[OE-core] New Recipe for ser2net with IPv6 Support (v3.0 & v3.1)

Maxin B. John maxin.john at intel.com
Mon Jul 3 11:39:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 08:30:20AM +0100, Thomas A. F. Thorne MEng AUS MIET wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Would submitting a patch to this list that adds a recipe for ser2net
> v3.0 and ser2net v3.1 be the right thing to do to get it one day
> included in the layer?  Would the new versions beneficial to the wider
> community?

The chances of a package upgrade, just for new features, in a released branch
like "krogoth" will be close to impossible (There may be exceptions, if changes
are security related)

> I am working on an application that will use the ser2net application to
> access some serial ports over IPv6.  The current version of ser2net
> included with the meta-openembedded/meta-oe layer is 2.9.1 which does
> not include IPv6 support.  I believe that v3.0 onwards may include IPv6
> support and I am testing that out now.
>
> I am creating recipes for ser2net_3.0.bb and ser2net_3.1.bb as part of
> my testing.  I would be happy to submit the files as patches.  I am
> currently working on krogoth but could submit the patch against another
> version if preferred.
>
> I have CCed the meta-oe maintainers (on my first message attempt but not my second)
> as that the is the layer that holds the ser2net recipe at present.  I hope that was not a mistake, please
> for give the extra email if it was.

Sent a patch to upgrade ser2net to version 3.4 (for master branch):
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2017-July/113484.html

> Regards,
> Thomas Thorne  Software Engineer  Net2Edge Limited

Thanks and Regards,
Maxin