[OE-core] KERNEL_IMAGETYPES and Image.gz

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Jun 1 09:10:40 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately this doesn't work if "vmlinux" isn't already included in

yes. correct. i noticed that when I wrote my patch.

> KERNEL_IMAGETYPES etc, so we either need to search and replace as
> before, or add something like:
>
>     typeformake = types
>     if 'vmlinux.gz' in types.split():
>         typeformake = typeformake.replace('vmlinux.gz', '').strip()
>         if 'vmlinux' not in typeformake.split():
>             typeformake = typeformake + ' vmlinux'
>
> which is a little more complex, but has the advantage of not risking
> duplicating "vmlinux" in typeformake, and therefore not calling "make
> vmlinux" twice in kernel_do_compile(), which I guess we sometimes do
> now...

well, i think you are trying to fix 'another' issue here, since we
already have this issue before my proposed patch... so i would prefer
to treat that separately.  this is a more generic issue (e.g.
duplicate in KERNEL_IMAGETYPES) and we could simply remove  duplicates
from typeformake.

I will send out a proper patch with my proposed change.