[OE-core] Fun with npm shrinkwrap

Davis, Michael michael.davis at essvote.com
Wed Jun 7 14:09:10 UTC 2017

If offline builds, license checking, or stable dependency versions are not important to you then you can use the meta-nodejs layer.  It just uses the yarn tool directly https://github.com/imyller/meta-nodejs.

On a hijacked side note has yarn been considered as a solution to some of our npm issues?
It seems to be npm with built in licnese checking and better version determination.
Might not cover 100% of our use cases, but then npm only seems to work 50% of the time without tweaking something anyways.