[OE-core] extensible SDK doesn't install when initramfs is bundled with kernel?

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Fri Jun 16 00:15:29 UTC 2017

> Hi,
>
> It looks like I can't install the extensible SDK if my initramfs is
bundled
> with the kernel.
>
> I am building two images - my-image & my-image-initramfs (which are
mostly
> identical at the moment). I have also set
> INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "my-image-initramfs"
> INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"
>
> So far so good and things work as expected, I can build image +
> kernel/initramfs fine.
>

> Installation of the extensible SDK generated using
> bitbake -c populate_sdk_ext my-image or
> bitbake -c populate_sdk_ext my-image-initramfs
> fails though:
>
> ---snip---
> Parsing recipes...done.
> Parsing of 1804 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1804 parsed). 2362
targets, 384 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> Initialising tasks...Initialising tasks...WARNING: The
linux-ramips:do_bundle_initramfs sig is computed to be
e434881eda830ba400719204a1e49b8d, but the sig is locked to
2b272ac304fd389f7a0745bbe3d4efe8 in SIGGEN_LOCKEDSIGS_t-tgm-r1a
> done.
> NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
> NOTE: Running setscene task 7 of 516
(/space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-core/base-files/base-files_3.0.14.bb:do_package_qa_setscene)
> NOTE: Running setscene task 8 of 516
/space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_2.28.bb:do_package_qa_setscene)
> [...]
> NOTE: Running setscene task 516 of 516
/space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/quilt/quilt-native_0.64.bb:do_populate_sysroot_setscene)
> NOTE: recipe quilt-native-0.64-r0: task do_populate_sysroot_setscene:
Started
> NOTE: recipe quilt-native-0.64-r0: task do_populate_sysroot_setscene:
Succeeded
> NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_fetch attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_unpack attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_checkout attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_validate_branches attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_metadata attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_patch attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_configme attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_configure attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_configcheck attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_compile attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_link_images attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_compile_kernelmodules attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_strip attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_sizecheck attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_uboot_mkimage attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_install attempted to execute unexpectedly
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_populate_sysroot attempted to execute
unexpectedly and should have been setscened
> ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_bundle_initramfs attempted to execute
unexpectedly
> NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1541 tasks of which 1541 didn't need to
be rerun and all succeeded.

code.
> ---snap---
>

> Installation works fine though once I comment out INITRAMFS_IMAGE.
>
> Any pointers for to how to resolve this while keeping kernel and
initramfs
> bundled would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Cheers,
> Andre'

I'm running up against this problem right now on morty. Was this ever
resolved?