[OE-core] how to load cmake args from git?

Adam Trhon adam.trhon at tbs-biometrics.com
Thu Jun 22 08:42:09 UTC 2017

I have a recipe that is configured by cmake. The cmake arguments are hardcoded
in the recipe and set using the EXTRA_OECMAKE variable. For various reasons, I
would like to have the arguments in a file in the project's upstream repository
(it's mine as well) and load them.

I came up with this:

do_configure_prepend() {
    PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS =" ${PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS} $(cat ${S}/oe_arguments.txt) "
}

but I am not very happy about using PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS - it feels hacky, the
arguments are not shown in cmake fail log and it cannot handle argumetns containing
spaces. Is there a cleaner way to achieve this?

Thank you
Adam

--
Ing. Adam Trhoň, Software Engineer