[OE-core] Package Manager Conflicts

Andrew Sampson hi at andrew.im
Mon Jun 26 22:03:33 UTC 2017

I'm attempting to setup a package feed for a board which I don't have the
ability to flash nor do I have access to the original image that is on it.

The image on the board comes with Smart installed.

I build an image using the information in this guide:
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OE-Core_Standalone_Setup

and add my dependencies before doing: bitbake core-image-minimal and
bitbake package-feed

However when I attempt to install a package via smart I get this error

Committing transaction...
error: update-alternatives-opkg-0.3.4+git0+1a708fd73d-r0 conflicts with
update-alternatives-cworth

I can't find any information referencing this issue, is there a way I can
completely strip opkg from the oe-core layer or a solution to this problem?