[OE-core] OE-Core/Yocto Project's first CVE (CVE-2017-9731)

Sona Sarmadi sona.sarmadi at enea.com
Tue Jun 27 07:11:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Sorry that the fix/workaround for this vulnerability was not discussed publically.
This vulnerability was reported by a user privately/encrypted. Yocto Security team;
Sona, Michael Halstead and Richard handled this off-list. We decided that we provide
a quick fix/workaround before we make this vulnerability public and then change/
improve it later if necessary.

> I suspect this has been missed by some people so I want to spell it out. We
> have our first CVE in OE-Core itself.

We have received a CVE from Mitre for this vulnerability, but they have changed
our description of vulnerability of some unknown reason :) we have requested an
update/correction (see below) but they haven't changed the description yet: