[OE-core] Never ending stream of bitbake exceptions when the builder runs out of disk space

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jun 27 09:37:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 11:21 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 09:25 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> >
> > So if its not default, we should make it default and I'd encourage
> > people to use it.
> It's not the default at the moment because it's only in
> local.conf.sample, which people might not use.
>
> So should a default for BB_DISKMON_DIRS be set in bitbake.conf?

No, I don't think this belongs in bitbake.conf.

If you use a nodistro setup you do get a reasonable default value for
this, you're right and it is in the default local.conf.sample. Its up
to distros and users to select the pieces they need/want beyond that.
Whilst Martin is close to nodistro it sounds like this config was
missing and I'd suggest using it.