[OE-core] New Recipe for ser2net with IPv6 Support (v3.0 & v3.1)

Thomas A. F. Thorne MEng AUS MIET Thomas.Thorne at Net2Edge.com
Fri Jun 30 07:30:20 UTC 2017

Good afternoon,

Would submitting a patch to this list that adds a recipe for ser2net
v3.0 and ser2net v3.1 be the right thing to do to get it one day
included in the layer?  Would the new versions beneficial to the wider
community?

I am working on an application that will use the ser2net application to
access some serial ports over IPv6.  The current version of ser2net
included with the meta-openembedded/meta-oe layer is 2.9.1 which does
not include IPv6 support.  I believe that v3.0 onwards may include IPv6
support and I am testing that out now.

I am creating recipes for ser2net_3.0.bb and ser2net_3.1.bb as part of
my testing.  I would be happy to submit the files as patches.  I am
currently working on krogoth but could submit the patch against another
version if preferred.

I have CCed the meta-oe maintainers (on my first message attempt but not my second)
as that the is the layer that holds the ser2net recipe at present.  I hope that was not a mistake, please
for give the extra email if it was.

Regards,

--
Thomas Thorne  Software Engineer  Net2Edge Limited