[OE-core] [meta-clang] clang/LLVM versioning

Martin Kelly mkelly at xevo.com
Fri Mar 3 20:15:49 UTC 2017

On 03/03/2017 12:12 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> with  meta-clang there is no desire to support multiple versions of
> llvm and thats why versioning was dropped however, I would still like
> to fix the versioning if that makes it more useful.

OK, keeping a single version is certainly simpler. Could you clarify "I
would still like to fix the versioning if that makes it more useful." ?

I may be missing something, but it seems like the llvm-config wrapper
script's only job is to point to a versioned installed via
WANT_LLVM_RELEASE. If that's the case, and if we don't intend to support
multiple versions, wouldn't it be best simply to remove the wrapper? We
could fix the wrapper instead, but I think that would have to involve
reintroducing versioning.