[OE-core] Does recipe specific sysrooot (or whatelse in current oe) break native dependencies?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 5 00:55:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> To be clear, you can't depend on the build dependencies of some other
> recipe to be available to your recipe just because you DEPEND on it.
Sorry me again - but is it possible that this behavior has changed?
With recent oe-core I see

* many configure logs finding pkg-config from recipe-sysroot-native
although the recipes do not inherit pkgconfig and do not have
pkgconfig-native in depends
* adding cmake to inherit adds "bzip2-replacement-native expat-native
xz-native zlib-native curl-native" to
recipe-sysroot-recipe-sysroot-native/sysroot-providers.

I reduced the recipe I was currently working on to no dependencies and
inherit cmake only (for test attached).

Can somebody tell me what was changed or what I am missing?

Andreas