[OE-core] Create more than one image with WIC

Daniel Schultz d.schultz at phytec.de
Mon Mar 13 16:16:31 UTC 2017

Am 08.03.2017 um 14:43 schrieb Ed Bartosh:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> I don't think it's possible to build more than one image for the same
>>> type. wic is not an exception here.

>>> WKS_FILES variable is to provide possible wks files to use. First one found will
>>> be used to produce an image.
>>
>> Would it work to add/define this variable in the corresponding *image*.bb recipe
>> rather than local.conf?
>
> Yes, it would if image recipe is unique, i.e. images of the same type
> can be produced for different recipes.

But isn't wic different to other images like e.g. ext? I agree that
there are other images that need only build once, but wic images can
contain these and therefore act as a wrapper.

Do I have misunderstood the design of wic?

I mean MMC and EMMC are very similar, but different in the bootloader
and it would be a overhead to create an extra image for all EMMC images.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
With best regards,