[OE-core] [oe-commits] [openembedded-core] 13/29: openssl: Fix symlink creation

David Vincent freesilicon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 08:49:01 UTC 2017

On samedi 11 mars 2017 21:50:23 CET Martin Jansa wrote:
> Why not use update-alternatives for this file?

IMO, update-alternatives should not handle configuration files. I think that
using it can “silently” apply a new configuration with higher priority and
things will break in some odd ways. Using conflicting packages ensures that the
applied configuration has been enforced at install time and the administrator
knows what is doing. Again, it is just my personal taste...

> That's what I'm using in openssl bbappend because we also use different
> provider for this file and it worked well .. until this change.

Sorry this change broke some builds, if I am the only one to use this
configuration, feel free to revert this patch.

OTOH, I have also provided the same kind of patch for OpenSSH configuration
(not yet applied), so tell me what would be the best way to handle
configuration files in Yocto, I may have missed it in the documentation.

David