[OE-core] Create more than one image with WIC

Ed Bartosh ed.bartosh at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 15 14:47:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 04:01:43PM +0200, Ed Bartosh wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 02:41:34PM +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > >

> > It does, and it should by default because a rootfs can be quite large.
> > If it's not going to be reused in another recipe, then it is worthwhile
> > to remove it.
> This is true unless we're going to use wic as a stand-alone tool, which some
> people still do.
>
> > I should add that RM_WORK_EXCLUDE_ITEMS += "rootfs" can be used in image
> > recipes which know that their rootfs is going to be needed elsewhere -
> > it's just not the default.
>
> Isn't rootfs going to be rebuilt if one rootfs recipe depends on another one?

Here is an example of dependency I'm talking about:
wic-image-minimal can be built just fine with enabled rm_work.
Its .wks uses 2 rootfs: core-image-minimal and wic-image-minimal.

I didn't use any RM_WORK_EXCLUDE_ITEMS. I did specified dependency to
core-image-minimal in wic-image-minimal recipe:

# core-image-minimal is referenced in .wks, so we need its rootfs
# to be ready before our rootfs
do_rootfs[depends] += "core-image-minimal:do_image core-image-minimal:do_rootfs_wicenv"

Am I missing something here?

--
Regards,
Ed